Thursday, April 15, 2010

Inspiriation and Ideas

1. Lady Gaga
2. Music (all kinds, but a lot of intense orchestral pieces)
3. Anything magical
4. My friends
5. Webcomics (I like regular comics too, but the “still improving” stage of most webcomics is inspiring)
6. Fashion
7. Large bodies of water
8. Falling snow
9. Character development/design (I like both… Anything having to do with characters)
10. Horoscopes/Zodiac
11. The sound of nature (in the woods, by a lake, etc.)
12. Personalities
13. Shrinky Dinks
14. Video games (Starfox, Pokemon, Okami, etc.)
15. The beach
16. Books
17. Nostalgia
18. Figure Skating
19. Earth tones and neons (very different but I like both)
20. Ghosts/Monsters
21. Happiness/Joy
22. Old photos
23. Boats, buoys, all things floating in deep water (they scare me, but I'm fascinated by them)
24. Miyazaki
25. Adventures/Journeys

Alright... I had a few ideas but none of which I was completely sure of, and I was having a tough time figuring out what I wanted to do.
Then I saw what Kali posted, and now I want to design a character for a Capricorn based on all the cheesy crap that the horoscope writers publish. I would do the one page character designs, and one page character in the environment. As far as the character design page goes, should I be showing all the designs I came up with? Or just a character sheet of the actual one I went with? I'm assuming the first? Cuz I don't wanna hand in a page that looks like poo XD

1 comment:

Kali Ciesemier said...

Sounds good. If you're gonna do character designs,
for the final I want to see at least like 10 nicely done character designs (variety--and not sketchy), and then a well-composed image of your favorite/best design in a cool/appropriate environment. For next week, it'd be a good idea to do a bunch of rougher sketches for character ideas (and then pick 10 to take more final), and thumbnails for the environment/placement.